Friday, June 3, 2011

My agent was interviewed by KindleObsessed

Mollie Glick, my literary agent, was recently interviewed by KindleObsessed:


Check out this great blog, written by the most fabulous, gummy-bear loving Texan ever.

Here is Mollie interview from the blog:

Q: Is Imogen the first indie author you have represented? Please share how you found each other.

A: Years ago, when I worked on the editorial side at Random House, I was lucky enough to acquire a wonderful self published memoir, but Imogen is the first Indie author I’ve worked with as an agent. I read an article a few months ago about self published authors doing a wonderful job of getting their work out there, checked out Imogen’s web site, and was immediately intrigued.

Q: What do you look for when deciding who to represent? What in particular was it about Imogen’s work that attracted you?

A: The first thing I’m looking for is a great, original premise and a great narrative voice. But the ability to market yourself is also a big plus, and Imogen had all three of these qualities!

Q: What are your plans for Imogen and her books?

A: We’re deciding on our strategy right now. I tend to be a very editorially minded agent and I have some ideas for taking Imogen’s already wonderful series and fine tuning a bit, and then we’ll most likely start sharing the work with publishers this Fall. We’re also partnering up with a wonderful film coagent at CAA.

Q: Will Imogen still remain an indie author for some of her work?

A: TBD, but my hunch is that yes, she will most likely continue to take an indie route for some of her work, while we publish other work through mainstream channels.

Q: What do you think is the most important thing when promoting your client?

A: An amazing book! Word of mouth is the most important thing. I want everyone who reads my books to love them so much that they recommend them to friends. But an articulate, attractive, internet savvy author doesn’t hurt either.

Q: What advice would you give to those indie authors out there wanting to become traditionally published authors?

A: Give it your all. A self published book that has sold a few hundred copies is harder to sell to a publisher than one that has never been published. But if you can sell several thousands of copies, you’re putting yourself in a good position to get noticed… and published!







No comments: